7 Reasons Why You Need An Attorney After An Accident
If you were injured in a vehicle accident, you may be feeling overwhelmed and unsure of your next steps, especially if you’re considering suing the person who injured you. The last thing you want to do is add complication to your life. However, the reality is that hiring an attorney after an accident can simplify the justice process and ensure the smooth completion of justice.
If you’ve been injured due to negligence, check out some of the most important reasons you should hire a lawyer right away.
- Your insurance agency isn’t on your side. If you’ve been injured, it’s a sad truth that your insurance agency’s primary goal isn’t necessarily helping you get back on your feet. While they want you to recover, they also want to keep their costs down and minimize the payouts they owe you. An attorney benefits when you win, so they’re on your side 100%.
- You only pay if you win a settlement. Most of the time, personal injury litigation won’t cost you money. Your attorney wins when you win, so you won’t end up packed with thousands of dollars in fees if you decide to pursue a court case.
- Time is limited for filing a suit. Every state has a different statute of limitations on when you’re allowed to prosecute a personal injury case. An experienced lawyer will be able to get your case through court in a timely fashion, obeying the statute of limitations and getting you your compensation in time.
- Filing a suit is complicated. Again, each state has different requirements for litigation. Some requirements may not occur to you if you’re considering filing a suit yourself. For example, in some situations and states, you must file a police notice or give written the notice. Rules vary from place to place, and experienced lawyers can keep your case in compliance.
- A lawyer can get you the most return for your suffering. It can be hard to put a dollar amount on the pain and inconvenience a negligence accident can cause, but a lawyer can get you compensated for medical bills, lost wages, hospital fees, hotel stays, and more. Much like hiring a tax agency can help you get the most on your tax return, a lawyer can get compensation for the inconvenience and pain inflicted on you and your family.
- Determining liability is complex. One of the most sophisticated parts of a lawyer’s job is constructing the case for who’s liable. A personal injury attorney will be able to understand your specific injury case and prove to a court that you’re not at fault, maximizing your chances for justice in court.
- You shouldn’t have to do it alone. Everyone needs help sometimes, and when you’ve been wronged in an accident, the last thing you want is to have all the stress of litigation on your shoulders. An attorney simplifies the process and gets you the justice you deserve.